It’s official (and I feel like if I say it on here, I’m more likely to follow through!). I’ve decided to go on a raw food detox (I don’t want to call it a “diet” because I view that as a negative word — and this is more of a lifestyle change/experiment than a diet). I always eat fairly healthy, but lately I haven’t been eating healthy enough, and I feel like I’m falling into a bit of a negative pattern.
Being so busy at work and commuting, I don’t think I’m ready to commit to a gym membership just yet, but for starters I do want to rein my nutrition back in (I really need out of this rut of excessive coffee!). So starting this Thursday until Friday, July 20th, I will only eat raw foods. This can’t be too hard, since I eat already eat tons of vegetables and legumes (and my dad lent me his awesome cookbook Eat Raw, Eat Well by Douglas McNish). The biggest difficulty will be giving up coffee! But it’s not like it’s doing me any real favours (nutritionally, anyway).
By the time I’m done this 2-week raw food detox, I hope to gain true (non caffeine-induced) energy, and if I lose any weight, that would be fabulous too. Hey, it’s bikini season — and I haven’t worn a bikini in like, 2 years (because I didn’t have opportunities that called for it, but also because I never really felt that comfortable in them). I want to change that, and maybe kick some of my bad nutirtional habits for good.
Wish me luck!
- taylormadexx likes this
- tigerlilyteys reblogged this from earthenmusings
- iamhoneybee likes this
- laughattheskyy reblogged this from megunchi
- keepingitupwithjoss reblogged this from megunchi
- megunchi reblogged this from loyal-creatures-on-earth
- tilll-death-do-us-part reblogged this from loyal-creatures-on-earth
- inandaroundnaughtiness reblogged this from -love-is-the-new-black-
- fitobefit reblogged this from -love-is-the-new-black-
- am0rem0re likes this
- -love-is-the-new-black- posted this